November 2019 e-bulletin update from the Shelter Specialist Debt Advice Service.
News and legal updates
- EDF Energy Trust to stop accepting applications
- Parliamentary question on VAT and HCEOs
- QuickQuid enters administration
- Valuation in Practice Newsletter 54
- Changes FCA making to responsible mortgage lending rules
- Universal Credit maximum deduction rate reduced
Enquiry of the month
This month’s featured enquiry highlights success following a challenge to the application of statutory interest on a CCJ enforced in the High Court.
- Court considers whether an ’Unfair Relationship’ was created between lender and
borrower – Promontoria (Henrico) Ltd v Jeavons and another  Lexis Citation 396
- VTE decides council tax discounts can be backdated longer than six years – Valuation Tribunal for England (VTE) decision 2935M220133/254C
This month’s Spotlight covers challenging the application of statutory interest on County Court Judgments below £5000 that are being enforced by a High Court Writ.
Download the Shelter e-bulletin November 2019