October 2018 e-bulletin update from the Shelter Specialist Debt Advice Service.
News and Legal updates
- DRO Newsletter September / October 2018 released
- Amendment to the Civil Procedure Rules (CPR)
- Review of the monitoring and regulation of insolvency practitioners released
- “Advising Guarantors” webinar available
- Court held the bankrupt debtor did not have a desire to prefer his brother-in-law – Re O’Shaughnessy (deceased); Abdulali (trustee in bankruptcy) v Finnegan and another  EWHC 1806 (Ch)
- Court held that England and Wales was not the bankrupt’s ‘centre of main interests’ – Deutsche Apotheker-Und Arztebank EG V Leitzbach  EWHC 1544 (Ch)
- Claimant did not take reasonable steps to ascertain the address of the defendant – Sajid -v- Nuur (Central London County court 30/7/18)
This month’s Spotlight piece explores the potential avenues available when clients are presenting an unpaid Magistrate Court fine focusing on cases of unknown proceedings and financial hardship.
Download the Shelter e-bulletin October 2018