May 2020 e-bulletin update from the Shelter Specialist Debt Advice Service.
- No requirement to report a self – employment grant received during the DRO
- Monthly insolvency statistics published
- FCA’s proposals to extend the time limit to request a mortgage payment holiday
- FCA releases guidance on insurance products
- FCA releases statement on mortgage prisoners
- FCA on firms handling complaints during Coronavirus
- Judiciary guidance on preparing PDF bundles
- Updated HMCTS guidance
- Working Tax Credits still to be paid even if working few hours
- £5.4 million to support legal advice sector during the pandemic
- £76 million to support the most vulnerable
- Government taskforce to support rough sleepers
- Welsh Government boosts Discretionary Assistance Fund by £11m
- Welsh Government new £20 million fund to assist with re-housing of the homeless
- Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman (LGSCO) issues guidance
- LGSCO restarting some existing investigations
- Ofgem send letter to energy suppliers and insolvency practitioners
- National Energy Action (NEA) produced new resources
News and legal updates
- Insolvency Service internal operational guidance available
- DRO news special bulletin 27 May 2020 – changes to Persons at risk of violence
Enquiry of the month
This month’s featured enquiry explores how to record PIP being used to pay for a logbook loan on the DRO application.
Case law and important decisions
This month’s edition highlights the following developments in case law:
- Court held that the 90-day stay on possession proceedings is lawful
In Arkin v Marshall  EWCA Civ 620, the Court of Appeal held that the Practice Direction 51Z (PD 51Z) that came into force on 27 March 2020 and imposed a 90-day stay on possession proceedings under CPR Part 55 was lawful.
- COVID-19 and remote hearings round-up
This month’s Spotlight article looks at how video hearings are being used during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Download the Shelter e-bulletin May 2020