March 2019 e-bulletin update from the Shelter Specialist Debt Advice Service.
News and legal updates
- GPs to stop charging for completing mental health forms
- Price cap on rent-to-own sector
- FCA second thematic review published
- FCA regulation of claims management companies
- FCA to increase award limit from £150,000 to £350,000
- Wales to end prison sentences for council tax debts
- Relief from sanctions, compliance and Denton third limb – Petrou v Lambrou (trading as KCJ Builders)  EWHC 166 (Comm)
- Limitation Act 1980 applies to schedules contained in Tomlin Orders – Bostani v Pieper  EWHC 547 (Comm)
This month’s Spotlight explores the effects of gambling on the different aspects of a DRO application.
Download the Shelter e-bulletin March 2019