May 2019 e-bulletin update from the Shelter Specialist Debt Advice Service.
News and legal updates
- DRO Newsletter – May 2019
- County Courts to have more flexibility setting when interest accrues on a judgment
- Government issues statement on enforcement agent bad practice
- Insolvency Service insolvency statistics Q1 Jan – Mar
- Financial Ombudsman Service Annual Review 2018/2019
- Challenging a bankruptcy petition based on disputed liability orders – Tower Hamlets London Borough v Naris  EWHC 886 (Ch)
- Ardawa v Uppal and another 2019 EWHC
This month’s Spotlight considers the relationship between instalment orders, charging orders and orders for sale and provides guidance on when an instalment order might be used to prevent enforcement of a charge.
Download the Shelter e-bulletin May 2019