July 2019 e-bulletin update from the Shelter Specialist Debt Advice Service.
News and legal updates
- PPI deadline and partner toolkit
- Insolvency Service seeking views of the current insolvency regime
- Ombudsman News – Issue 148
- Aperture no longer taking IVA referrals
- FCA consultation on treatment of vulnerable customers
- Body-worn cameras to be made compulsory for certain enforcement agents
- Court’s powers to validate a defective service of a claim form – Woodward and another v Phoenix Healthcare Distribution Ltd  EWCA Civ 985
- Prioritising repayment of multiple writs – 365 Business Finance Ltd v Bellagio Hospitality WB Ltd and another; Court Enforcement Services (CES) Ltd v Burlington Credit Ltd  EWHV 1920 (QB)
- Income payments order not enforceable in a later bankruptcy – Azuonye v Kent  EWCA Civ 1289
This month’s Spotlight covers contingent liabilities, and why identifying them is so important when advising about insolvency options.
Download the Shelter e-bulletin July 2019