February 2020 e-bulletin update from the Shelter Specialist Debt Advice Service.
News and legal updates
- CPAG Debt Advice Handbook 13th Edition
- ASKCPAG – new online information and solutions platform
- Maximum deductions for court fines
- New Spending Guidelines
- British Gas minimum prepayment top up level has been reversed
- Valuation in Practice Newsletter 55
- Applications open for court fee refund scheme
- DROs refused following submission – The Insolvency Service
Enquiry of the month
This month’s featured enquiry discusses where the client has incurred debts in the EU, and the adviser has asked how the debt would be enforced in the UK post-Brexit and how those debts would be viewed from an insolvency perspective post-Brexit respectively.
This month’s case law section covers a “relief from sanctions” roundup.
This month’s Spotlight provides a guide to the court and insolvency fees for the applications that debt advisers most frequently need to make.
Download the Shelter e-bulletin February 2020