February 2019 e-bulletin update from the Shelter Specialist Debt Advice Service.
News and legal updates
- DRO Newsletter – January 2019
- Insolvency Service email addresses changing
- Insolvency Statistics released – October to December 2018
- Ombudsman News – Issue 147
- SFS Guidelines
- The default notice now confirmed as a cause of action regarding limitation – Doyle v PRA Group (UK) Ltd  EWCA Civ 12
- The court dismissed an appeal to challenge a trustee in bankruptcy’s remuneration – Singh v Hicken  EWHC 3277 (Ch)
- Enforcement agents did not follow the law when taking control of goods – Rooftops South West Limited (and others) v Ash Interiors (UK) Limited, Direct Collection Bailiffs Ltd and Claire Sandbrook  EWHC 2798 (QB)
This month’s Spotlight explores the effects of gambling on the different aspects of a DRO application.
This month’s success story is from Jessica Foulds from Oxhey Citizens Advice who assisted a client who had been mis-sold an IVA.
Download the Shelter e-bulletin February 2019