December 2019 e-bulletin update from the Shelter Specialist Debt Advice Service.
News and legal updates
- Shelter blog on Universal Credit deductions for court fines
- Active Securities Limited (247 Moneybox) enters administration
- MMP Financial Limited (My Money Partner, Swift Sterling) enters administration
- Information Commissioner’s Office draft subject access request guidance released
- Ofwat orders water suppliers to reduce bills by £50 by 2025
- British Gas customers minimum top-up to increase from £1 to £5
- Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) consulting on their plans and budget
- The Insolvency Service Annual Plan 2019 –2020 published
Enquiry of the month
This month’s featured enquiry discusses how backdated Universal Credit ‘Limited capability for work-related activity’ element is treated in a DRO.
- First-tier Tribunal has jurisdiction to determine whether the bankrupt has a beneficial interest in the property – Wolloff and another v Patel  UKUT 333 (LC)
- Court held that the tenant was entitled to a refund from the local authority for overpaid water charges – Royal Borough of Kingston-upon-Thames v Moss  EWHC 3261 (Ch)
This month’s Spotlight covers the application of the FCA’s Consumer Credit Sourcebook (CONC) to EEA authorised firms providing products and services in the UK.
Download the Shelter e-bulletin December 2019