September 2019 e-bulletin update from the Shelter Specialist Debt Advice Service.
News and legal updates
- Eligibility for universal credit
- Civil Justice Council proposes recommendations to assist vulnerable claimants and
defendants in civil courts
- Money Advice Trust updated research – Stop the Knock 2019
- Enforcement agent firms sign up to a new industry code
Enquiry of the month
This months featured enquiry is about challenging a transfer of a CCA regulated debt to the High Court for enforcement.
- The court considers when a statutory demand can be set aside – Martin v McLaren Construction Ltd  EWHC 2059 (Ch)
This month’s Spotlight discusses Direct Earnings Attachments (DEA), how they are made and what an adviser needs to do when dealing with a client that has a DEA in place.
Download the Shelter e-bulletin September 2019