We are pleased to announce the IMA Networking and Information Sharing project is now live.
IMA members and other free sector advisers can now access a new dedicated area of the IMA website. Members can log in using their existing Members Zone username and password here, and non-members can register via the link on this page.
The new web area includes:
A resources directory with a library of information items, including documents relating to Money Advice Groups (MAGs), useful templates, good practice guides and briefings and recordings of livestreamed MAG meetings.
A discussion board for non-technical networking, mentoring and support. We hope this online forum will support advisers, particularly those who work in isolation from other money advisers.
Occasional live IMA webinars, which will be recorded and made available in the resources directory.
Monthly “Pick of the Blogs” articles from the IMA’s Chauntelle Wright, highlighting her pick of the month’s blog posts from the advice sector’s expert bloggers.
As part of the project we will be working in partnership with Shelter, with the following Shelter content in the new web area:
Shelter’s quarterly legal updates
- an archive of Shelter’s monthly e-bulletins and spotlight articles
- technical information guides and briefings on topics of importance to money advisers
- occasional Shelter webinar sessions, informed by consultancy service enquiries and FAQs
As part of the project the IMA will also be offering new support to MAGs:
- The IMA will provide administrative support to IMA Council Representatives where required, to help organise regional MAG meetings.
- The IMA will compile a MAG guide with ideas, tips and templates for running and organising groups.
- The IMA’s Money Advice Specialist will offer to come to each MAG and livestream a section of a meeting, which would be made available afterwards on the IMA website to registered advisers. This will be an opportunity for remote advisers to join a meeting that might otherwise be too far away, and will also help promote the value of MAG meetings.
If you have any feedback on the project, including ideas about what documents might be included in the resource directory, or possible webinar topics, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
See also the joint IMA, Shelter and Money Advice Service announcement regarding the project (23 February 2018).
The IMA’s Networking and Information Sharing project and Shelter’s Specialist Debt Advice Service are funded by The Money Advice Service (MAS).