We are now able to give some further details about the IMA’s Networking & Information Sharing project. As part of the project, we will be offering the following new services to support adviser networking and information sharing for both members and non-members, including new IMA support for regional Money Advice Groups.
The IMA’s Networking and Information Sharing project and Shelter’s Specialist Debt Advice Service are funded by The Money Advice Service (MAS).
- The IMA will provide administrative support to IMA Council Representatives where required, to help organise regional MAG meetings.
- The IMA will compile a MAG guide with ideas, tips and templates for running and organising groups.
- The IMA’s Money Advice Specialist will offer to come to each MAG and livestream a section of a meeting, which would be made available afterwards on the IMA website to registered advisers. This will be an opportunity for remote advisers to join a meeting that might otherwise be too far away, and will also help promote the value of MAG meetings.
- A new resources directory area on the IMA website will provide a library of information items, including MAG documents and recordings, templates, good practice guides and webinars. This new section of our website will be available from May 2018 and we’ll email all members as soon it’s ready.
- From summer 2018, the IMA website will also host a new discussion board facility for non-technical networking, mentoring and support. We hope this online forum will support advisers, particularly those who work in isolation from other money advisers. The launch of the discussion board will be announced to members in our weekly e-bulletin.
- We will host occasional live IMA webinars, which will be recorded and made available in the resources directory.
As we announced recently, we will also be working in partnership with Shelter to provide:
- Shelter’s quarterly legal updates for regional Money Advice Group meetings, which will also be made available to advisers unable to attend.
- An archive of Shelter’s monthly e-bulletins and spotlight articles.
- Technical information guides and briefings produced by Shelter.
- Occasional Shelter webinar sessions, which will be recorded and made available to advisers unable to join the live webinar.
If you have any feedback on the project, including ideas about what documents might be included in the resource directory, or possible webinar topics, please let us know at email@example.com.
See also the joint IMA, Shelter and Money Advice Service announcement regarding the project (23 February 2018).