Get free help

The IMA does not provide money advice to indebted individuals, but please find below information on a range of agencies which may be able to directly assist you.

Advicelocal search

Advicelocal is a postcode tool that can help with questions relating to seven areas of law – welfare benefits and tax credits; council tax; debt and money advice; housing and homelessness; employment and work issues; disability and social care; and asylum and immigration. You just need to enter a postcode and choose an advice topic to find tailored information for your area, including key local authority resources and details of local independent advice organisations.

Do you want to take a Health Check?

The Money Advice Service  website has some useful tools for helping you understand and manage your financial situation.

If you want to get a clear picture of your financial situation, want to see how you can make the most of your money or if you need step-by-step help and advice to deal with your money, follow the link to carry out the Health Check.

Finding a local free money advice service? 

The Money Advice Service website also has an online tool that  enables you to search for a debt advice service near you and to set up a face-to-face appointment/speak to a debt adviser in person. They also have details on online/telephone advise services.

Please follow the link below to access this service: