This course provides an essential overview and working knowledge of the most important features of Universal Credit.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- outline why, how and when Universal Credit is being introduced,
- identify the impact on both existing and new claimants,
- describe the impact of Universal Credit on particular categories of claimant, for example, tenants, homeowners, employed, self-employed and not employed,
- understand how Universal Credit interacts with the rest of the benefit system,
- calculate and explain Universal Credit awards for typical households.
Pre requisites None
CPD: 4.5 hours
Duration: One day