The law on bailiffs was reformed in April 2014. We now have four years’ experience of its workings and can speak with some confidence on how it is working for clients, creditors and enforcement agents. Has the situation been improved for clients? Is there scope for further protection?
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for everyone giving debt advice and at any level of experience
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- describe the statutory procedure for taking control of goods,
- recognise the sequence of mandatory notices bailiffs must issue,
- explain which goods are exempted from being taken and how disputes may be raised,
- list the fee scales applicable to enforcement work,
- identify when regulations have been breached and options for redress.
CPD: 4.5 hours