The law on bailiffs was reformed in April 2014. We now have three years’ experience of its workings and can speak with some confidence on how it is working for clients, creditors and enforcement agents.
Has the situation been improved for clients? Is there scope for further protection?
The course will cover:
– The sequence of mandatory notices bailiffs must now issue;
– The statutory process for taking control of goods;
– What goods are exempted from taking and how disputes may be raised;
– The new procedures for seeking remedies;
– The new fee scales applicable to enforcement work.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
– Understand the new statutory procedure;
– Identify when the new regulations have been breached;
– Advise clients on their options for redress;
– Check the validity of the fees charged.
Duration: One day