The course is designed for anyone new to a supervision role. The session provides basic skills in supporting, directing and developing an advice service worker, plus tools and suggestions for better understanding and managing the supervision relationship.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- define the meaning of supervision in relation to money advice and explain its importance and benefits
- identify personal drivers that may influence the way you act as a supervisor
- describe 6 tools for providing supervision to money advice staff
- identify key elements of effective file review
- identify key elements of an effective supervision session and the skills required to carry it out
- understand what kind of difficult situations may arise and consider ways to handle these appropriately
‘Very useful and informative. The course has given me lots to think about and will help when I start my new role supervising volunteers.’
Bev Dixon, Hambleton & Richmondshire CAB
Supervising Money Advice is part of our Supervision Pathway, which has been accredited to the MAS Quality Framework. The course can be standalone, or you can continue on the accreditation pathway, which includes taking an online test.
CPD: 4.5 Hours
Duration: One day
Is this course right for me?
‘It did help clarify my responsibilities and did prompt me to introduce monthly supervision meetings. The handouts were excellent.’
Jenny Hedges, Mid-Bedfordshire CAB