- 25 & 26 May 2022
Book your place here.
With advisers reporting an increase in numbers of clients with suicidal thoughts, this course aims to support advisers to feel better equipped and more confident to offer support to clients.
Who should attend?
Advisers wanting to increase their confidence in dealing with clients presenting with suicidal thoughts.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- describe your own attitude to suicide and how this may impact on work with suicidal clients,
- recognise when clients are having suicidal thoughts, and explain how to respond,
- discuss client confidentiality issues around suicide,
- identify agencies that clients can be signposted to for help,
- recognise the importance of self-care and develop an action plan for your own self-care.
Please note, this course is currently being delivered online via Zoom. Delegates attending the online course must have an enabled webcam switched on for the duration of the course. Please do not book to attend the course online if you do not have access to a webcam.
CPD: This course does not count towards the IMA CPD scheme.
Duration: One day