By the end of the course, money advisers will be able to fully advise clients on their options at each stage in rent possession proceedings and proceedings brought under Section 21. They will also understand what they can do themselves to assist clients at each stage and when referral to a housing specialist or solicitor is generally advisable or necessary.
Who should attend?
Advisers who already have an awareness of the different types of tenancy and the grounds for possession applying to each – this will not be covered in the course.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- understand notice requirements and how to use the Pre-Action protocol in rent cases,
- understand the procedures and the court’s powers when claiming possession on grounds of rent arrears or under Section 21,
- identify the available defences and possible counterclaims,
- understand the impact of insolvency orders in rent arrears cases,
- explore the options after a possession order is made or a warrant is executed.
CPD: 4.5 points
Duration: One day