- 12 & 13 July 2021
Book your place here.
This course will provide attendees with the skills and knowledge to fully advise clients on their options at each stage of possession proceedings. Attendees will also be able to recognise when referral to a housing specialist or solicitor is advisable or necessary.
Who should attend?
Advisers who already have an awareness of the different types of tenancy and the grounds for possession applying to each – this will not be covered in the course.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- explain notice requirements and how to use the Pre-Action Protocol in rent cases,
- describe the procedures and the court’s powers when claiming possession on grounds of rent arrears or under Section 21,
- identify the available defences and possible counterclaims,
- recognise the impact of insolvency orders in rent arrears cases,
- explain the options after a possession order is made or a warrant is executed.
CPD: 4.5 points
Duration: Two half days