Council tax arrears are the most common priority debt our clients have, and we see increasing numbers of clients with deficit budgets who are unable to pay them. Advisers are more aware of applications for discretionary write-offs, but local authorities are reluctant to give them.
This course is written and presented by barrister and council tax expert Alan Murdie, and will help you get results for your clients.
Who should attend this course?
This course is suitable for experienced advisers working in England and Wales.
- Explain the legal principles of discretionary reductions in council tax under section 13A of the Local Government Finance Act 1992,
- Apply for Section 13a discretionary reductions
- Outline and describe what should be included in an appeal to the Valuation Tribunal
- Explain to a client what to expect when appearing before a tribunal.
- 8 March 2021 – 10am -1pm
- 22 March 2021 – 10am – 1pm
Online course can be booked here.