- 2 & 3 November 2021
- 9 & 10 December 2021
Book your place here.
Advisers may find themselves regularly supporting clients whose debt situation has a link to issues with the benefits system. Identification of additional benefit entitlement is a key component of income maximisation. In addition, clients may find their income impacted by negative benefit decisions or overpayment recovery. The strategy a client chooses to deal with their debts may have implications for their future benefit entitlement or may be limited by fraudulently incurred benefit overpayments.
This course aims to enable debt advisers to identify and take action to support clients who have benefit issues that are impacting upon their ability to deal with their debts.
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for experienced advisers
By the end of this course, delegates will be able to:
- Distinguish between the different agencies an adviser may encounter when dealing with benefit queries and how to contact them.
- List the key sources of information and guidance in relation to benefit issues.
- Recognise the importance of benefit entitlement as a means of income maximisation.
- Explain the options open to a client who is unhappy with a benefit decision and the time limits that apply.
- Identify the options available to a client who has a benefit overpayment.
- Outline how these options differ where an overpayment has occurred due to fraud.
- Recognise the consequences of paying off debts on benefit entitlement
CPD: 4.5 Points
Duration: This is a full day course, currently being offered online across two half day sessions.