This course explores the developing area of affordability complaints. These started in 2015 for payday loans and are now being made about a wider variety of credit.
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for experienced advisers
By the end of this course, delegates will be able to:
- Describe the FCA rules relating to affordability and complaint handling
- Describe the Financial Ombudsman’s approach to determining affordability and the typical redress offered
- Explain the process of a making complaint, first to the lender and then taking a case to FOS
- State when an affordability complaint is in the client’s best interest
- Differentiate between complaints that a borrower and a guarantor can make for guarantor loans
- Evaluate whether a client needs other temporary debt solutions such as a payment arrangement or a DMP while a complaint goes through
CPD: 4.5 Points
Duration: This is a full day course, currently being offered online across two half day sessions.
- 3 & 4 March 2021 (Both sessions 10am – 12.30pm)
- 18 & 19 March 2021 (Both sessions 10am – 12.30pm)
Online courses can be booked here.