We are launching Mortgage Prisoners as an online half day training session.
For dates and to make a booking for the online version please click here.
This half day online course deals with the emerging problem of the ‘mortgage prisoner’. It examines what a mortgage prisoner is, and how the issue came about. The course also examines the issue of interest only mortgages, which disproportionately affects ‘mortgage prisoners’. It goes on to discuss the regulatory obligations on mortgage lenders, and highlights the support that lenders should offering. Through completing this course, advisers will gain an understanding of how they can support clients who identify as ‘mortgage prisoners’.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe what a mortgage prisoner is, and how the issue arose.
- Identify potential mortgage prisoners.
- Explain the regulatory obligations on mortgage lenders to mortgage prisoners.
- Identify potential problems with mortgages related to the mortgage prisoner issue, and how to help clients deal with these problems.
- Contribute to ongoing social policy work, and sign post clients for possible legal advice
- Understand possible problems which may arise in the future with current mortgage products.
CPD: 2 Hours
Duration: Half day