The course aims to provide delegates with a greater understanding of mortgages – how they work, ways of avoiding repossession, and how homelessness issues relate to mortgage repossession. It will give participants a broad understanding of mortgages and enable participants to identify the assistance that is available to borrowers facing mortgage difficulties.
Who should attend?
This course is for experienced advisers looking to improve their awareness of issues relating to mortgages.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- identify the rights of mortgagee and mortgagor,
- recognise the different types of mortgages,
- explain to clients the options for dealing with arrears,
- describe the assistance available from DWP,
- explain what assistance is available from the Local Authority’s Homeless Department.
CPD: 4.5 hours
Duration: Two half days