A 2-day introduction to money advice designed to provide key foundational knowledge. It is appropriate for new money and debt advisers or as a refresher for those returning to the sector.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- classify priority and non-priority debts and describe how to approach each type, identifying emergency action and challenges to liability,
- describe the typical credit debt collection process and the procedures for an undefended money debt claim in the county court,
- list the key information to request from clients and creditors, and understand the role of trigger figures in the Standard Financial Statement,
- advise on how to deal with enforcement action, including listing the enforcement options available to creditors after a CCJ,
- explain to your clients the key features, conditions and implications of the 4 formal insolvency options and list alternative solutions.
Money Advice in Practice is part of our Advice Work pathway, which has been accredited to the MAS Quality Framework. The course can be standalone, or you can continue on the accreditation pathway, which includes taking an online test.
This is a 2 day course
This course does not contribute towards the IMA CPD scheme.