This course will equip experienced advisers to more confidently respond to cases of High Court enforcement in both debt and possession cases.
Who should attend?
This course is relevant to anyone giving debt advice.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
• identify when High Court enforcement may be used to enforce debts or possession orders,
• describe the powers of High Court enforcement officers, including powers of entry and fees,
• explain how to challenge high court enforcement fees and raise disputes where fees have been contrived to enable transfer to the high court,
• explain how to apply for stays of execution and other steps to prevent further enforcement,
• describe other enforcement methods commonly used by High Court enforcement officers.
Level: Caseworker / Specialist
CPD: 4.5 hours