- 21 & 22 July 2022
Book your place here.
The FCA publishes rules and principles that debt counsellors must adhere to. The FCA’s focus on avoiding consumer detriment and helping vulnerable consumers has raised the regulatory bar since 2014. Are we delivering what the FCA expects? This session helps advisers and their managers plot a route to ensure they are providing advice that meets FCA rules and principles, whilst giving the opportunity to share best practice with colleagues.
Who should attend?
Anybody involved in the delivery or management of debt advice services.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- identify who is providing debt counselling, debt adjusting and providing credit information services, to plan supervision of these activities,
- identify the key FCA ‘Principles for Businesses’ and their implications in an advice setting,
- recognise relevant rules in the FCA Consumer Credit Sourcebook (CONC) that apply when giving advice, when reviewing and closing cases, and when clients disengage,
- outline the main FCA rules regarding complaints procedures,
- describe how organisations will be supervised by the FCA and the risks and types of enforcement.
CPD: 4.5 points
Duration: Two half days
“Very informative. I enjoyed the course and found it very interesting.”
Nicola Sharlot, Citizens Advice Caerphilly Blaenau Gwent