- 9 & 10 August 2021
Book your place here.
This course is appropriate for anyone becoming involved in court representation to help you face court with confidence. It will coach you to understand what you need to consider before you go to court, and what to think about while you’re there, how to conduct yourself, and what you can, can’t and must do in the court environment. The course has been revised from our popular The Courts System and Sources of Law.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- recognise the essential preliminaries for successfully conducting a civil case,
- identify essential issues, legal and factual,
- outline key stages of proceedings and the part a lay advocate may be required to play,
- assess the strength of cases and identify the most suitable judgment or order,
- respond to formal documents and draft documents for court,
- prepare for formal questioning and examination in courts and tribunals,
- assess whether to appeal and outline judicial review.
Facing Courts and Tribunals is part of our Court Representation pathway, which has been accredited to the MaPS Quality Framework.
“Excellent course. Fantastic tutor.”
Rebecca Smith, Wycombe District Council
CPD: 4.5 Hours
Duration: Two half days