Since the inception of the DRO, there have been a significant number of changes. This course aims to build on experience by ‘walking through’ a standard DRO application. The course places emphasis on the practical challenges intermediaries face on a daily basis.
Who should attend?
For those who have completed Wiseradviser’s Debt Relief Orders: Approved Intermediaries and/or have at least six months’ experience of completing and submitting DRO applications.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- explain how a potential change in circumstance may impact a DRO award,
- describe the three different ways a couple’s financial statement may be constructed to be DRO compliant,
- identify how rent arrears and hire purchase agreements are treated in DRO applications and the implications on default post-DRO award,
- explain the rules (and the exceptions) on assets and how preference and transaction at undervalue impact on a DRO application,
- outline what happens when a submission is made and describe how to deal with a creditor objection/ investigation.
“A very useful course that reinforces how to complete a DRO.”
Benefits and Money Advice Caseworker, Herefordshire
“Brilliant course for every intermediary.”
Money Advice Caseworker, Leicestershire
CPD: 4.5 hours
Duration: One day