This course will cover the main problem areas of utility debt and how advisers can best advise their clients. The course will also cover current issues and recent developments in the utility sector. Delegates are encouraged to share their best practices and experiences.
Who should attend?
Anyone who wants to know what help and options are available for their clients.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- explain how bills are calculated & who is liable,
- explain the arrears process, from missed payment to disconnection, including how fuel arrears are treated in insolvency,
- describe the sanctions available to the supplier for theft,
- describe how to terminate a contract or make a complaint,
- describe how billing and collection of water rates differs from gas/electric.
CPD: 4.5 hours
Duration: One day